Quick question about Factorytalk ME driver setup

LowRange

Hello, I'm stuck on how to configure drivers to connect to SLC 5/01 and have a quick question.

If I am able to connect to an SLC processor through a DH485 to USB (DF-1) cable with a driver of DH485 UIC com port 3 in RSLinx then what would the my driver in Factorytalk RSLinx Enterprise be? All I want to do is test an application.

Would it be the same driver config as what I use to connect to the processor? Unfortunately when I attempt to configure a DH485 driver there is no option for a com port and when I configure a serial DH485 (whatever that is) I only get options of com port 1 or 2.

Or

Would it be serial DF1 com port 3? I have tried all of this and been unsuccessful.

Thank you!

EDIT: The unsuccessful part is "failure to write false to.." when I test the application.

Last edited:
Long story short - You cannot connect to the processor that way using RsLinx Enterprise.

The 1747-UIC convertor isn't supported by RsLinx Enterprise.

You CAN connect the PVP+ to the SLC, but you'll need to configure the right driver on the Remote tab in RSLinx Enterprise. This won't let you browse the processor while in FTViewStudio though, so you'll probably want to DL to a test panelview to get your tag setup working.

Thank you for the answer. A bit of digging on the internet and I discovered that factorytalk can't communicate through DH485 and that it doesn't like my DFI to DH485 converter.

DH485toDF1.jpg