Flashing light

BeamMeUp

Hi everyone. I have not programmed a PLC in about 8 years and find I am quite rusty. I need to have input1 (push button) to make output1 (light) flash for say 10 seconds (1 second intervals), then the light stays on for 15 seconds. Then output2 (light) will flash for 45 seconds. Everything will stop after the 45 seconds until the input is triggered again.

I am thinking about using a Logic Controller from Schneider

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Scott Brown

Hi everyone. I have not programmed a PLC in about 8 years and find I am quite rusty. I need to have input1 (push button) to make output1 (light) flash for say 10 seconds (1 second intervals), then the light stays on for 15 seconds. Then output2 (light) will flash for 45 seconds. Everything will stop after the 45 seconds until the input is triggered again.

I am thinking about using a Logic Controller from Schneider

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Scott Brown

So what's the issue, if you programmed a PLC 8 years ago the principals remain the same ?

Which Schneider controller are you using ?

Can't help with the Schneider part but the logic will be the same, they should have a 'special' bit that will flash at one sec intervals, just put that in your logic and the other part is just a timer

Just tell me this is not a school homework assignment and I will try to make an example program using ZelioSoft for you.

No its not homework. I have been assigned to figure out if we can use a Logic Controller to cycle some warning lights. I am finding the Zelio timer to be not very intuitive, however I am watching a video on the internet that has helped. I just need to figure out how to flash the output.

Scott

I don't know your controller at all - but if it has a register for time in seconds, you can use bit 0 as your 'flasher' control.

Wow thats fast. I think I may have the ladder part now, however I am having a problem understanding the timer settings. I cant get the timer to flash the output yet. Still messing with the settings of the Schneider Controller.

Thanks for everyone trying to help. its nice to have a place like this to ask some questions.

Scott

We are going to buy a SR3B101FU.

I tried to download the free software to play a bit before buying..

Scott

i don't know if the Zelio has the normal pulse its of the larger PLC's but here is a manual for it, shouldd get you started:

http://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_File_Id=27461519&p_File_Name=35007143.pdf

Also some tutorials on Zeliosoft:

http://www.adara-bg.com/img/110113100555ProgrammingGuide-ZelioSoft2.pdf

There is a blinker function block described in there.

Thanks for everyone who pushed me in the correct direction. I have the program working properly except I need to be able to reset the program once a cycle has been completed. any thoughts...

Scott

10 Second Flasher

Here is my example in ladder diagram of one way to do this. It is in many rungs to do mostly one function at a time. Please zip and post your program and maybe I can help you with the reset of your program problem. In my example Timer 5 will reset the program timers. Maybe my example will help in some way. I also printed the program to .pdf for others to see.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I was trying to do. THANK YOU. I programmed something similar but used a few Counters. Would you mind if I posted what I did and you could tell me what I needed to add. I really appreciate the help jrwb4gbm.

Scott

Please do zip and post your program. There are many ways to do the same thing in programming.

Edit:
BTW, I forgot to thank you for posting exactly what you needed in post #1. So many posts fail to do that.
Edit #2:
To attach your zipped file, use the Go Advanced button, Attach Files button, Browse button, find your file, then, Upload it.

Last edited: