Logix Add On Instructions

cking2729

Does anyone know if any version of RSLogix/Studio 5000 allows you to create add-on instructions with selectable drop downs? For example, I have a variety of product configurations where some only require 3 photoeyes and others require up to 6. Instead of having a separate AOI for each possible product configuration, I am hoping to make one AOI that will work with all.
I realize I could make an AOI with 6 photoeyes and then only configure the number that are needed, but I am hoping selectable drop down lists are something that may also be possible. Any ideas? Thanks!

i have not got anything past v24 at the moment but i don't think its possible.

I guess either make the inputs enabled/disabled or have a numric entry to enter the amount of photocells used.

Ash

At TechED Melbourne last year there was talk of that. I don't know if it has (or will) come to fruition, and in any case it was reportedly only going to be possible using FBD, not ladder.

Outside of that wild rumour, no, it's not possible. I have a generic DOL motor block, and I just have an input parameter for "reversible" which will disable all the reversing sections of the AOI if I leave it off. You could do something similar with your AOI. If you don't want anyone playing with it, just don't make the parameter visible so you actually have to navigate into the AOI instance to modify it.

Does anyone know if any version of RSLogix/Studio 5000 allows you to create add-on instructions with selectable drop downs? For example, I have a variety of product configurations where some only require 3 photoeyes and others require up to 6. Instead of having a separate AOI for each possible product configuration, I am hoping to make one AOI that will work with all.
I realize I could make an AOI with 6 photoeyes and then only configure the number that are needed, but I am hoping selectable drop down lists are something that may also be possible. Any ideas? Thanks!

This is easy... All you need to do is add a "Required" parameter to the AOI that specifies the specific "product specification" (if you haven't already got one).

Then you can have six (or as many as you like) Input Parameters for your "photoeyes", and each instance call to your add-on you specify the tags of the actual photoeyes to be "wired".... for a "product specification" that has unused P/Es just enter a 0 instead of a P/E tag.

Obviously the code in the AOI must look at the "product specification", and check the required pattern of the available P/Es as needed, it might be cleverest to also check any "unused P/Es are "0"