Steam tables - RSLogix 500

bfranklin

Hey,

I am looking for help on how to reference steam tables using RSLogix 500.

What I want to do for my client is to get the most accurate steam flow rate (H2O equivalent) and I believe if there is a way to reference steam tables in RSLogix 500 then this would be the best solution.

All the instrumentation is there, flow, pressure and temperature transmitters.

Is this possible? Is there a better solution?

Thanks

It depends on how much of the steam tables you need. For example, if you just want the vapor pressure as a function of temperature you can plug the values across your range of interest into Excel, chart them, and use the trend function to develop an equation you can just plug into RSLogix.

find in oscat.de the calc for steam properties. As it is open source you can use the calculations yourself.
It is scaled in SI.