Alarm Trigger Values in FactoryTalk View

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I have a FactoryTalk View application that is triggering alarm that are erroneous . The fault is unchecked in Alarm Setup / Messages to not display but they still appear. I know there is a bit becoming true in the PLC 5 program , but I cannot find what is causing it. My question is, if I put a 0 in the trigger value , will I get a error message from FactoryTalk View , and if
it does receive the 0 will it prevent the erroneous alarms from showing up ?

Thanks,

The best approach to any Panelview problem:

Throw it in the trash and buy a Red Lion.

The Panelview Standards were okay. The Panelview plus and FactoryBalk Stupido did so many things wrong, it is always cheaper to start over with a superior platform. The fact that alarm bit zero is invalid is only one of a large number of problems you will have to deal with.

So RoboBob , you say if I right click the far left block and I select "Delete Row" that alarm will not appear when triggered in the PLC ?