Logix 5000 lost actication

QvixoteRoux

Hi, I have a big problem here, I had Logix 5000 and studio 5000 with version 24 installed in a laptop and activated with factory talks management, the problem is that the hard disk of this portatil is, according to tech guy, in an irrecoverable state, I want to know if there is a way to 'transfer' or replace the license that was installed there, I remember that at time of validation, FTM was asking for a MAC address but I can't remember if it was from cooms board or video card or the disk itself.
Some of you have been before in this case?

Honestly I haven't looked in other places, this just happened yesterday and I didn't had time

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

I would start up a chat session with Rockwell Tech support. You do not have to have a support contract to get free help with activations. They have always been very prompt and helpful to me with any sort of activation problem and it seems to be faster and more convenient than talking on the phone with them.

If you provide them with your key and serial number, they can validate your activation and rehost it for you thereby allowing you to create a new host ID for a new hard drive (or NIC) and reclaim it on another Factory Talk Activation server.

Last edited:
Ideally you would save that license file to a backup location. I use OneDrive, Dropbox, and Gmail. Then you can always go retrieve the license from any of those sources.

Recently I had a remote user that had a failed system. PC was replaced by IT. I had originally emailed him his license. I used that backup copy of his license that I retrieved from my Sent Mail in Outlook and through the FactoryTalk Activation Manager I was able to rehost the activation. Essentially I returned the license back to Rockwell and then downloaded the rehosted license using his new MAC address. Only took a couple minutes to complete.

OG

OK thanks, I am going to contact Rockwell

I also going to see how to backup the license, since I use Dropbox a lot to sync files between many PCs

Many thanks