advise needed

ajay34

:site:

hello all..
i m need some advise for my upcoming project(work)..
i been ask to develop a program from small size of mixing(batching system)
where by it have 12 bin and 1 scale ..

'the challenges is i had done it before using Mithsubshi Q series but this time
it been specfiy using Omron or Seimen..which i really seem no idea where to look
i mean which type of plc i need to use which able to do this job

can any1 advise which plc should able to do the job ..i mean from above brand .🔨

thanks in advance guys

Hi there, I am a keen Omron user, and I have used a stack of CP1Ls for small projects.
They are really underrated and capable.
You have not given much info, but they can handle 3 expansion modules, and onboard built in analogue input is 1/1000 for scale, although expansion module goes up to 1/12000 if you need res.
Say CP1L-EM40DT1D for PNP 40IO then add IO from there. max on one expansion module is 32 points, so with built in IO that is a fair amount for quite a reasonable price.
Software is cheap, easy to follow etc, ethernet onboard so easy connection to HMI and PC with no extra leads.
I personally think these are a lot quicker to program with fewer issues than equivalent Siemens, mind you I have not used the latest Siemens offerings and also this is only my opinion based on experience.
Cheers,
Stew

Hi yes CX programmer covers pretty much every Omron PLC, CP1L, CJ etc.
(Except NJ and NX which are Sysmac Studio)

Actually on a side note if your application is able to use safety integrated into PLC and has more than say 70 IO and you have access to Sysmac or project warrants new software then the NJ101 is a great unit. It supports integrated safety and safety gear and NX IO in general is a great price! Really easy and intuitive to set up over EtherCAT coupler. Or CJ IO can fit directly onto NJ CPU.

Need a bit more info on the dispensing system mainly I think.
I'm guessing you need 1 analog input for the weighing system and a HMI with a recipe system. But how many sensors and outputs do you need per bin? If it is a brand new project, I would start by choosing the sensors and stuff first so you can get an IO count.

thanks for all the info so far ..below as item listed

i have 12 rotary level will be act as high level and 12 number of switch to start screw
feeder which will be used in manual mode (as power from VFD) .and MT scale indicator
where it will join to PLC ..