Parking sistem plc

darkal

Hi guys.. Pls i need some help. I.m about to make a plc parking sistem (for school) with an elevator .. i must collect all the inputs/outputs ( i have some ideas but insignificant), and make the ladder diagram (same) .. Send me some links or tell me how to start .....Thank you guys !!!

parking_sistem.png

PS : just help me with the inputs/outputs .... i wil try to program all by myself :p

Last edited:
So...i will use a barier with ir sensors to count.. The parking will have 32 parking spots. Good, next question: how can i store in plc the exact number of the car( to take it back)? I must implement this in my project?pls give me some info or some links thx

i count 7 inputs (sensors) and 4 outputs( motors) is corect?

No, it is OK......I will park my car elsewhere, where it will be safe....

Suggest you go for a recount....things to consider...

Car entry has a conveyor (forward/reverse) and it must start when a car is loaded and then stop in a required position.
Car transporter needs to know if a car is loaded.
Car transporter has up/down movement, and must be able to stop at each level.
Car transporter can rotate (does it go one way round, or both ways?)
When rotating, how does it know where to stop?
Once in position, the car transporter conveyor leaves its retracted position and moves forward to an extended position.
How many levels and how many cars in each level? How do you know if the space is free?
To load a car into a space, there is a conveyor that can move forward and reverse and stop when a car reaches the endstop.

Just a few things I would think about.....

So...i will use a barier with ir sensors to count.. The parking will have 32 parking spots. Good, next question: how can i store in plc the exact number of the car( to take it back)? I must implement this in my project?pls give me some info or some links thx

Just a guess here, I would probably use an array with 32 elements. If the number in the array is 0 the space is free.

You have a counter that increases every time a new car enters the car park.

You search for the lowest available spot (go through all the array elements checking if they are 0 or not).

When you find one that is zero, you write the value of the counter to this array, remember which spot you want to park the car.

You have a UDT where each parking spot has it's characteristics written into (which level and which rotation (1 o clock to 11 o clock I'm assuming you will use some sort of encoder on the motors to find the position and maybe extra sensor to make sure they find the right spot)

Although there are probably better ways to do it using barcodes and stuff.

You have a UDT where each parking spot has it's characteristics written into (which level and which rotation (1 o clock to 11 o clock I'm assuming you will use some sort of encoder on the motors to find the position and maybe extra sensor to make sure they find the right spot)

And don't forget the license plate, otherwise its gets interesting when retrieving the car.

entrance sensor
exit sensor
keypad for accountnumber (used at entrance and exit
4 encoders on 4 motors. z and rotation, fetchrunner and car lifter.
position of vehicle
doors and safeties

in ladder this will be very hard to do.
make a statemachine with subroutines.