COP instruction plc 5

looks like it is copying 500 words back one word from N7:325 to N7:324, not quite sure why...

Is there a word move into N7:325 that requires an indexing or history?
Maybe indirect addressing somewhere?

In the program cross-reference, what do you have for N7:324 and N7:325?
Look for next 500 words after that too...

what are the pre-conditions that make that operation true?
Is it a step-on from a sensor, or a recipe value (HMI involved?)

It is a form of tracker or data delay. The self-pulse bit will change state every time the file is scanned. So every other scan the COP is executed. The COP shifts the contents of the 500-word block starting at N7:324 down by one word every time it is executed. So something that is loaded into N7:823 will be present at N7:324 1000 scans later.

Keith

Similar Topics

We're converting a machine's control from CompactLogix to Micro800. It was originally going to be on a Micro850. However, because we've ended up...
Replies
Views
Long time lurker, first time poster.. I've been working with PLCs for a while now and have ran into a head scratcher that I was hoping someone...
Replies
Views
Hi experts, I'm troubleshooting a program with rslogix5000. there is many cop instruction of array, but sometimes some data are not copied. As...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone. I am apparently confused on the COP instruction. What I am trying to do is copy a DINT to a DINT in a User Defined Data...
Replies
Views
I am using RS500 in a Micrologix 1400 I have a COP instruction Source #N27:30 Destination #N27:1 Length 5 This is set on First Pass Bit Yet it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom