Project delivery/archive software

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

My company is looking for a software package that will enable us to present a nicely packaged, professional looking, project archive.

The idea is to provide the end customer with a disk that he can graphically browse. Equipment and their drawings will be easily accessable through a structured table of contents.

Has anyone seen such an animal?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)

I've seen that already. It's the only one I know about. What do you thing about than growing yer own.

Have you used Adobe 6.0 pro? If so, how are the results?

Thanks again,

(8{)} ( .)

(yosi)

Last edited:
Hi Yoshi,

I've not created any documentation CD's myself with Acrobat but have received some that were created with it - they were very professional.

I have also received supplier documentation written with web authoring packages and used direct from the CD as a 'local' web, some of these were also very professional - I imagine if you didn't want to pay $$$ for Acrobat that this would be a good alternative route.

:)

Hello Yoshi!

I've used MS word to create the layout of my "menu" page with sub menus and everything. I then saved it as a webpage and created a autostart system on the cd.

This worked fine and looked profesional in my opinion. It's easy if you know your way around ms word.

All the files under the cd was saved in acrobat format, if not an viewer was included. We included some electrical drawings which was in a "autocad" file, so we used a special viewer for this to keep the search capabilities of the system.

Regards
Borte

In the past for documentation, troubleshooting, technical data, etc I have used power point before, worked very well, customer really liked it. Also allows you to just give them a runtime file, and the ability to lock the files so only you can edit it.