Versa Pro Printout or Conversion

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Hopefully for Steve Bailey.
I saw from some earlier posts that you converted a Versa Pro program to a pdf file for another member.
I am in the same situation. I have a .flb file that I cannot open with my copy of Proficy to be able to get a printout. The program will be re-written into a Compact Logix so a .fld is not 100% necessary but may be helpful.

I could not attach a .flb file so I renamed the extension to .plc

Thanking you in advance.

Alan Case

This is in PME 9.00

Sorry, I'm not Steve but one of his under studies. :oops:
Let us know if you need a different version but it is always best to use the latest Version with the GE PLC/PAC.

It's important to give complete and accurate information when asking questions on Forums.

The Import log and first Validation log is also in the zip file.

Also when converting to a different PLC/PAC it is best to write from the beginning with a good Sequence of Operation at hand.

However if you would put this into a new GE PAC your system would be done now and the "conversion" cost would either be saved or added profit and you would be able to keep about 98% of the hardware saving another very large sum.

Last edited:
Here is a Proficy Machine Edition version 7.0 backup file. If you need an earlier version I can do it for you. In VersaPro I restored from the backup file you provided. That created a full VersaPro project folder with .fld file which I could import into Machine Edition and then make a backup for you.

The reason I took that route is because there is something wrong with the rung comments file. The text for all rung comments is "COMMENT 0" with the number incrementing for each rung comment in a program block. Whatever it is causes Adobe to render text in a large font making the pdf file useless. I would have had to delete all of the rung comments to be able to make pdf files. There are numerous program blocks and they all have many comment rungs.
That corruption of rung comments was the biggest flaw in VersaPro. It caused no end of grief because once the comments were corrupted there was no getting them back. GE was never able to get it fixed. It still happens occasionally in Machine Edition, but nowhere near as often as it did in VP.

Last edited:
PDF and XML files

Please see if you can Import the XML files into the Compact Logix. That would be cool. The PDF and XML will be here for a week or so.

PME 9.0 does a better job of sorting out issues with the Import of older projects.
However it simply deletes things it does not understand. Most are in the log or very obvious such as empty "Comment Rungs".

Last edited:
Hi.
Thanks to you both for the help.
My PME is version 6.5
Are you able to create a 6.5 version for me please.
I owe you big time for this. If there is anything you need a hand with this side of the world do not hesitate to ask.
Regards Alan Case