1734-IT2I error 203 in Controllogix

MickeyM79

I'm stumped. I have the following Point IO configuration.

1734-AENT Ethernet Module
1734-TBCJC Cold junction Base
1734-IT2I 2Ch Thermocouple input card.

The configuration is functional. I have successfully added it to a L16ER processor, and read data from the module. I can also connect to the internal webserver of the AENT and view the data.

My problem is; when I try to add the Point IO module to the actual machine it will be attached to I am unable to do so. The Machine i'm trying to add it do is a 1756-L61 Control Logix 5561 Controller Rev 20.13.

Initially, I couldn't get either the AENT module or the IT2I module properly configured in the controller tree. The AENT Module Errored with code 16#0203. After some researching I found a post that said to try configuring it with "Connection" in the module definition set to None instead of Rack Optimized. When I tried this, the AENT Module started functioning.

The IT2I card still errors with with code 16#0203 in the control logix processor. The Compact logix processor has no issue with either module even when they are set to Rack Optimized.

Also, the Point IO is on the same subnet as the ControlLogix processor. The Compact Logix is on a different subnet. I would have guessed if I had an issue it would be the other way around.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum !

First, is the CompactLogix connected to the network at the same time as the ControlLogix ? You don't want the two controllers fighting over the module ownership.

In general, you should set up the 1734-AENT for the correct rack size, and the adapter itself counts as 1. If there is only one POINT module, the rack size should be 2.

You can make this change with RSLinx Classic, I think, by right-clicking on the module. It's not automatically set on boot-up like it is with FLEX I/O.

There's also a technique to do it by logging into the web page of the 1734-AENT... I know it's in the manual, I'm just feeling lazy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome, and the reply.

I have tried both ways. Initially I removed the module from the compact logix and re-downloaded the program, so there wouldn't be any conflicts. After I ran into issues I added the PointIO module back to the compact logix for testing.

The 1734 is setup with a rack size of 2. AENT + IT2I.

I will kill power to my CompactLogix controller and see if it has any effect on the ControlLogix regarding the error, but I don't think it will.

Start listing the Series and Firmware Revision for each module involved here and we'll see does something look out of sorts. In particular the 1756-ENxT communications module for the L61 chassis.

Regards,
George

[SOLVED] 1734-AENT 16#203 with 1756-ENBT/A and L61 Controller

Sorry for the late response. I got busy and this project fell by the wayside. I managed to resolve the issue. The ControlLogix L61 was using a 1756-ENBT/A card with Firmware rev 4.003. This firmware was incompatible with the 1734-AENT. I flashed the firmware to 6.006 and the 16#203 connection fault went away. The device is now fully functional.