CMore EA9

southbendin

I am having a problem with ADC CMore EA9 crashing to white screen. I am using the most current versions of firmware and software. The CMore is connected to Productivity 3000 hardware.

ADC support said they are not experiencing this problem and yet this is the second CMore that the crashed occurred.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Can you give us a little more info on when the crash occurs? Is it when a certain button is pressed? Length of time? Heat or cold related? Is the second screen running the same application as the first?

If AD is not experiencing any "Issues" with the HMI it might be related to the actual environment or the application that is running.

The first statement from AD will be noise.
Second, use dedicated power supply.
I (think) that I am seeing a correlation between screensaver and whitescreen - with EA7. - nothing that I can prove, though.
I don't have enough exposure to EA9 to make the same statement.

Are you using screensaver on EA9?
Can you turn off the screensave option and test?

Can you give us a little more info on when the crash occurs? Is it when a certain button is pressed? Length of time? Heat or cold related? Is the second screen running the same application as the first?

If AD is not experiencing any "Issues" with the HMI it might be related to the actual environment or the application that is running.
I'm not OP, but this may be relevant.
I currently only have ONE EA9 panel in service, but I have 12+ EA7 panels. The EA9 does not have the screensaver enabled and has not crashed, yet.

To date, the only EA7s that I see white/blackscreen are those which have the screensaver enabled. I hope to get time to disable screensaver on the most frequent offender - to test.
I am logging the crashes to get freq/interval info for analysis.
The panel that I think is the most frequent crasher is in a machine that we have 4 more duplicates. The other machines do not crash so frequently.
They are side by side. Same temperature, same humidity, same power source - or as same as possible.

I just got info from AD about a small firmware update (2.78 SP1) -- I should have read the release notes more closely.
I am using 2.78sp1 software, but I inferred (from AD forum message) that the FW update is not mandated for the SP1 as it is for major/minor/sub revisions.
----------portion of message ----- Make sure you have updated the panel to SP1. The software will not for an update in this case. my italics

I asked for docs with update procedure. Found it Panel.Update Firmware
The FW update:
1) Generic EtherNet/IP driver doesn’t respond to List Services message the same as in previous versions
2) Modbus TCP driver causes the panel to fail when receiving response that doesn’t match. Target file is Modbus_TCP.dll
3) C-more HMI USB connection for the panel doesn’t enumerate completely on some Windows 7 x64 workstations.

Last edited:
Heat or cold related? Is the second screen running the same application as the first?

If the OP is who I think it is, the second screen is a replacement screen. and, yes, same application.

from PM
I am having a problem you may know about from reading your replies. I have a CMore EA9 with Productivity 3000 hardware.
I am experiencing the Cmore screen crashing to a whitescreen. ADC support suggested I return the Cmore for warranty. After installing the new replacement CMore, the screen crashed again to white. Do you have any experience or ideas in correcting this issue ?

The project is the same.
The environment is an office setting..temperature controlled and little personnel usage.

The panel has dedicated 24vdc and is updated with most current firmware and software.

I have this same project on multiple Cmore panels with identical hardware. (Productivity 3000). This white screen crash has not been an issue in any other installation.
I do not know what initiates the crash. Most access is done remotely.

Is it properly grounded?
Another question that AD tech will ask...

How long is the comms cable? Is it serial/usb/ethernet?

Last edited:
I had a problem with whitescreen appearing sometimes when screensaver should have been on. I traced the problem to an element that was outside the displayable area. Deleted the element, downloaded to EA9 and the problem went away. However, I have been unable to replicate the problem by purposefully placing an element outside the displayable area in a new project file...

I had a problem with whitescreen appearing sometimes when screensaver should have been on. I traced the problem to an element that was outside the displayable area. Deleted the element, downloaded to EA9 and the problem went away. However, I have been unable to replicate the problem by purposefully placing an element outside the displayable area in a new project file...

Another item to add to my checklist!
Thanks rg

Thank you rguimond,

After reading your post I did find some elements outside the viewing display on this project. I have it corrected, and so far, the screen has not crashed. Just a note: I have this same program on the EA7 and upgraded it to the EA9 when it was introduced. It has only happened on EA9 hardware even though the projects have been running longer on the EA7s. Thanks again.