Controllogix Array Data Handling

gouch

Hello All,

I am currently working on a Project that retrieves data from a SQL table and stores in a PLC. This data is an array with multiple rows (about 30 rows) and 8 columns.

I currently have the data in the PLC via FT Transaction manager.

My next task is to split the data out into 3 areas, for 3 separate lines. I know I can setup a FSC instruction and look for the line number, and move the entire row when I get a match, increment a move counter and then the next time I find a match move to the next array position for that line.

Is there a quicker easier way in the PLC to code it to split 1 array table into 3 array tables based on the line number?

The 3 array tables are for display on a HMI screen as available Batch numbers to run on the line. Would I need to buffer my first split and then copy the buffer to the live HMI array at the end of an array split cycle.

Im just not sure what the best approach is to this?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

First, lets clarify some information. You can't exactly create an 8 dimensional array in a CLX to match the SQL table.

Is this data going into a UDT in your PLC to match the SQL table? Something like:

TableData.Row[0].Col[0]
TableData.Row[0].Col[8]
TableData.Row[30].Col[0]
TableData.Row[30].Col[8]

Or do you have 8 tags for each column, and the length is 30 for each?