Finding Inputs and outputs on a ladder diagram

I am looking at a program on one of our machines, trying to locate a particular Input or output and I find myself manually scanning each rung one at a time with my eyes. This is my question, is there a function in the RS Logix program that will allow me to go directly to the correct rung containing the Input or output i am looking for without manually looking over each line in the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Which version of RSLogix?
In 5 or 500, you can go to the data table for O0 or I1 and right clicking on the input/output and doing a Find All or Cross Reference.

In 5000, this will depend somewhat on firmware version, but opening the Controller Tags and finding the input/output you can also do a cross reference.

Either method of searching will work just fine but the cross reference is a lot nicer if you want to see everywhere that the input or output is used throughout the entire project

Use the drop down menu at the top. press arrow if your input or output is on the list select it if it is not on the list enter it. then press the third symbol to the right of the drop down menu. then click on each result to take you to each rung the input or output exists. RSLogix 5 pro

Last edited: