Mitsubishi a2ccpu

Crsavage2002

have an a2ccpu that is going bad but is still working at the moment. Luckily. I have a new a2ccpu that I would like to replace it. I have bought the gxworks2 software and have downloaded developer on my Windows 7 laptop. I can not get it to read from existing Plc. It is giving me this error that I could have a bad cable which I have tried two different ones or could be a speed issue or Plc project isn't the same Plc I have connected. Talked to Mitsubishi and there not really sure. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Can you communicate to the new replacement unit?

This will prove that the cable, software and computer are fine and it is just the existing CPU.

Regards,

Hi Crsavage2002,

You do use the GX Developer installed from the GXWorks pakage?
What cable do you use, is it the SC09?
Do you have a real COM-port or is it through USB-converter?
What is the settings of the COM-port? ODD, 8, NONE, 1? or?

Please make some screenshots of the Comm-setup screen, what settings you have made.

Best regards
Dariusch

I actually figured it out. It was my keyspan usb to serial port interface. I was able to get ahold of a laptop with an serial port on it, and after that it was all good. No I have another problem. The equipment is a lightning grid that runs up and down. It has and operator terminal that will tell you want height it is at. The terminal is an Mitsubishi mta-250. Now my numbers are way off. It should be sitting around 88ft but the operator is reading 2490. It's very close to the conversion of centimeters instead of feet. So I'm not sure if that is something in the Plc that I need to change. Kinda weird cause I downloaded straight from the old Plc which had the right distances and everything in it. So now I'm working on this problem. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

do you know where the value is comming in the PLC?
Is it n analouge value from a leveltransmitter ?
It might be that there is a conversation/multiplication somerewhere that is set to default.

Did you do an upload from the old PLC including the memery area?
D and R registers?

/Dariusch

Similar Issue

I had a similar issue a while back. If you PM me I can provide you the website and USB to RS232 cable I ended up ordering to get online consistently. So far it's the best one I've purchased.

When you upload a program from one plc to another plc you are given the option of uploading the stored data.
If you choose to upload that and then download it to the new plc, the plc will be in the state it was when you uploaded.
If the lighting rig (or whatever) has moved since you uploaded it then all the data will be wrong.

Is there a 'home' point where you can reset the values to 'starting position'?