Intouch 10.6 132 Character Tag Limit

SeanWRT

Hello fellas I appreciate your time.

I am QUITE new to the world of PLC again and starting a new venture. I am working with InTouch 10.6 and I am asked to get around the 132 character limit of tag data.

I am currently trying a few things.

1. ActiveX to the database directly.
2. Supertags
3. SQLSetStatement

1. ActiveX was tried and nobody really liked that solution.

2. Supertags seems to interest me but I am having problems understanding how to bring all the tag data from the child tags together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. I found an Intouch document online that stated to use a SQLSetStatement to insert the tag data after it has been concatenated.

How many of you have done anything like this and would you please share your experiences?

Thanks and have a great day,

ST.

Thanks Garry, I'm going to look through those threads, I didn't really know how to search for what I was looking for, but I did try and found a few threads.

Thanks again!

S

Thanks fellas, I figured out the code. That was part of the problem. I created Variables and inserted them into the syntax as opposed to the entire tag names.

Thanks,

Administrators, please close this thread if you wish.

ST