Studio 5000 index position counting

I am using Studio 5000 with an L33er processor and trying to figure out the easiest way to verify the position of a pail on a 36 position conveyor. Bit Shift, Fifo, Etc..Any help is much appreciated

The BSR instruction seems like it would be a better way. Does it go to 36 bits and does the 36 bit just get replace or does it turn on a done bit when it reaches 36? In my application i need it to just get replaced constantly.

tried it and it works good other than it keeps shifting past 36 until it gets to 64 then drops off.How can i get it to drop off after 36. I have the length set to 36.

You cannot get less than 64 bits because that is the minimum memory size that the processor will work with.

Regards,