2080-mot-hsc

MATT116

AB Micro 820 with a 2080-MOT-HSC Module.
I have a hall effect flow meter that does 7pulses per gallon.
I have everything working I'm just questioning my math.
I should be able to use GPM = (Pulses per sec * 60)/7 . Is this right or am I missing something?
I know I could simply count the number of pulses in a minute and divide by 7 but that will be to slow of an update as the operator will using this to adjust a valve.

Thanks

Your math is correct.
Your accuracy will be based upon the number of pulses per second.
I would find out the longest time you can wait and do the math. If you could wait 5 seconds instead of 1 second you will be more accurate.

Regards,

Thanks I will try the 5seconds.
Ultimately I think my issue was the noise filter setting.
I was questioning my math cause I computing 700+ gpm when I should of only been 325gpm. But now with 37 pulses per second and a filter of 10kHz my computed gpm is close to 325.

Thanks