Panelview Plus Firmware and FTV V7.0

d_tech

Hello all!

Is there a resource that can tell me if my Panelview Plus 700 and 1000's firmware version will be compatible with my version of .mer file that i created?

For instance. My PVP 1000 has Version 5.10.2.9. I used Factory Talk V 7.0. Can i run the version 7.0 in that HMI? I have Version 5.10 running in them all now, I just brought all of the .mer files up to Version 7.0 from the old 5.10 (32bit).

Thanks for any help!!!

The old PV+ cannot run a new-version Runtime project.

But the new version Studio can create Runtime projects that are suitable for that older firmware.

When you create the Runtime, you'll have a selection of what terminal firmware you want to create the Runtime files for. It ought to go back to version 3.2.

Right. I am trying to do away with my old 32 bit and get some of these old terminals updated though, so like a controller i can flash a PVP 1000 up to newer firmware cant i?

We have so many versions of FTV, RS 500, RS 5000 and Studio files in this plant and i am trying to bring everything up to a level where we have some uniformity....

Versions are tough to manage since there are always new versions coming out. Best approach often is like what you do with Logix systems, pick a revision (of your .mer) and use that everywhere.

If you create a rev 7 .mer it will load on any PV+ rev 7 or newer. They don't have to match as long as the PV+ rev is newer than the .mer rev.

OG