Communication by RIO from PLC5 to Panelview 1500 plus

vicentehcm

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a upgrade here at the company. I`m replacing the Panelview 1400e to an 1500 plus. I`ve already made the tests on my pc by ethernet and on the IHM wityh ethernet and got everything right. But at the field the IHM works on RIO and when I made the tests there didn`t workout.

I`ve set the RIO communication, the right bit rate, the rack number, all the btr and btw, but no response and when I do the tests with the old one the communication still works properly.

Sometimes the diagnostics appears the following message. ''FactoryTalk Diagnostics failed to load the message for RsLinx Enterprise OPCServer. The provider`s roso...''

Thanks!!

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a upgrade here at the company. I`m replacing the Panelview 1400e to an 1500 plus. I`ve already made the tests on my pc by ethernet and on the IHM wityh ethernet and got everything right. But at the field the IHM works on RIO and when I made the tests there didn`t workout.

I`ve set the RIO communication, the right bit rate, the rack number, all the btr and btw, but no response and when I do the tests with the old one the communication still works properly.

Sometimes the diagnostics appears the following message. ''FactoryTalk Diagnostics failed to load the message for RsLinx Enterprise OPCServer. The provider`s roso...''

Thanks!!
Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you set everything up on Ethernet, and are now trying to substitute RIO for the Ethernet Connection. That will not work. On Ethernet you can access any PLC Address directly. On RIO each function has to have a specific I/O Address for each function, that you then have to use in the PLC to achieve your purpose.

What PLC Model are you using?
What PanelView Model are you using?
What Communication Card are you using on the PanelView?

Stu....

Hi!
I`m using a PLC 5 Rockwell, a painel view 1500 plus and a module 2711p-rn6.

There are a lot of different PLC5 Models. i.e. PLC5/40C.

The RN6 supports DH+, and that would be a lot easier to implement the HMI Functions on. Is there some reason you aren't using DH+?

Stu....

I also recall having to switch the blue and white wires on one end of the panelview connection when going from panelview standard to panelview plus. I haven't used the 1400e so I don't know if the same applies

What is the Exact Model Number of your PanelView, and what series is it. i.e. PanelView Plus 6/7.

Stu....

Keep it simple connect using Ethernet the PLC 5, 1785-L80E is an Ethernet equipped processor.
Keep in mind that data highway (DH and DH+) and remote I/O are not the same thing and can not share a network. While both use the same cable (Blue Hose) they are not the same.
With Ethernet the Panelview Reads and Writes to the PLC using RSL Link
With Remote I/O the PLC5 handler all the communications using Block Transfers ( Read / Write ) each block and have a max of 64 consecutive words from the same table
you may have to use multiple transfers to move all the data.
I have found the using Ethernet when available is much easier and quicker to deploy

Keep it simple connect using Ethernet the PLC 5, 1785-L80E is an Ethernet equipped processor.
Keep in mind that data highway (DH and DH+) and remote I/O are not the same thing and can not share a network. While both use the same cable (Blue Hose) they are not the same.
With Ethernet the Panelview Reads and Writes to the PLC using RSL Link
With Remote I/O the PLC5 handler all the communications using Block Transfers ( Read / Write ) each block and have a max of 64 consecutive words from the same table
you may have to use multiple transfers to move all the data.
I have found the using Ethernet when available is much easier and quicker to deploy

Yes I know that`s using ethernet it`s the best choice, but that`s my problem I don`t have it there otherwise was no doubt it that i would choose that.

You said you are using an L80E that is an Ethernet processor
you also said you tested the program with Ethernet and it works
all need is a simple Ethernet switch and wire. a lot simpler and easier then doing all the coding necessary and I would check to be sure that the Panelview supports remote I/O
if you are replacing an old panelview with new the block transfer should be already set and working with everything you need.
Again check on the communication in the panelview remote I/O is unusual in the newer units the last time I checked special order only

As Gary pointed out, RIO may not be supported by your PanelView.
That is why I was asking for the exact Model and Series.

Stu....