Proficy Historian

sbailey838

Hi all, I'm tasked with adding a list of tags to historian so that they can be monitored, I'm not having any difficulty with global tags, however program tags I cant seem to get the source address correct.

For example, a global tag is set up as the following...

(plant name).(processor name).(tagname)

I tried a few variations with the program tag, such as,

(plant name).(processor name).(program name).(tag name)
AND
(plant name).(program name). (tag name)

I tried reading through the manuals i found online but could not find any topics that mentioned the syntax for program tags.

Just curious if anyone has run into this problem, any help would be appreciated!!

Proficy historian comes with various "collectors" and the tag format depends on the collector(s) you are using.

The information you provided is of little help unless we know a bit more.

- is your HMI iFix?
- what collector are running? (use historian administrator)
- Any OPC running? If so, is the OPC collector running and what's the topic configuration in the OPC?

Most people use OPC, a typical tag for a OPC collector is

<OPC channel name>.<OPC device name>.<Program name-optional>.<tag name>

If the PLC is the newer contrologix, you also need to check to see if the tags are set to readable.

Proficy historian comes with various "collectors" and the tag format depends on the collector(s) you are using.

The information you provided is of little help unless we know a bit more.

- is your HMI iFix?
- what collector are running? (use historian administrator)
- Any OPC running? If so, is the OPC collector running and what's the topic configuration in the OPC?

Most people use OPC, a typical tag for a OPC collector is

<OPC channel name>.<OPC device name>.<Program name-optional>.<tag name>

If the PLC is the newer contrologix, you also need to check to see if the tags are set to readable.

Forgive me for i've only been doing this for a month or so at this point,

- HMI is not Ifix i believe,
- is Intellution, intellutiongateway the collector that is running?
- "collector type" is indeed OPC.

Ok, sounds like you do indeed have iFix. Intellution was the company that does iFix until GE took them over.

However, I'm not sure which collectors that your other working points are using. The historian comes with OPC collector and IFix collector. Your HMI (iFIX) has it's own OPC server. The data path roughtly looks like this:

1(PLC) --> OPC 2(Kepware OPC or IGS) --> 3(iFix) --> 4(iFix OPC Server)

One type of collector can get data directly from OPC at point 2. The other type of collector gets its data from point 4, after iFix process the data. While you can run multiple collectors I would stay consistent with what you got.

Open up historian administrator and post a screen shot of your collector tab.