Controllogix track power cycled

I need help with programming a 1756-L61 v16.21. I want to track if the main power to the PLC was cycled, and IF possible the date and time for each. I would be happy with incrementing a counter with every power cycle. I was thinking first pass bit ( RS500 ). I dunno I'm having a ruff day, I'm still trying though. Any ideas?

The First Scan bit is the quick and dirty way to tell if the controller has been switched from Program to Run mode, which includes power cycles in RUN mode.

Another method is to use the Power-Up Fault Handler task. This executes just once when the controller is power cycled, but does not execute when there is a PROG/RUN switch change.

As soon as you put a Routine into the Power-Up Fault Handler, you'll find that the controller faults when you power cycle. That's because Job 1 for the P.U.F.H is to intentionally create a fault state and programmatically re-set it.

You can also include logic to count power cycles and/or log the time and date from the controller's real-time clock.

There is a Programming Manual for Logix 5000 fault handling that includes really good examples for the Power-Up fault handler: Publication 1756-PM014.

I like the idea of using the P.U.F.H.

You probably would need to capture the date and time settings in your normal logic and then in the PUFH check those values (before they get updated) to see what the date and time was went power was lost.

OG