PLC error RsLogic 500 HELP!

kmculp

I logged on to one of my machines today to try to communicate with the machine (Micrologix 1000) and there are only two plc's on the network, but I tried to communicate the screen showed multiple PLC's and it shouldn't be only two. I added a picture of the screen. Could someone please assist me with what is going on here?

imagejpeg_0.jpg IMG_0808.jpg

It's actually only showing 1 PLC, in the upper left. The other symbols represent links that at one time (maybe not all at the same time) existed but now are not present (thus the red X).

You should be able to refresh or, at worst, delete the connection and recreate it.

I do not know why those other (non functioning) links are there if you had not used them at some time.

I have to beg to be different but the icon in the upper left corner is actually the PC not a PLC at all.
all the other icons are shown as not on line. you could be on the wrong network. check your configuration.
are you looking at Ethernet Devices or Ethernet IP driver.
also RSLinx maintains a record of all devices that show up on the networks. sometime it helpe to delete the log files.
under the Rockwell files I think in windowsx86 dir. there should be 2 Harmoney files these are the device log files delete both and restart RSLinx when RSLinx restarts it will recreate the 2 files and the screen should only show the active or listed devices
the one icon I didn't see is the RSLinx server you should always list the IP of your computer so it will show up as a server that way you can identify all the devices on the network

Welcome to the Forum !

If you can describe the RSLinx Classic software driver you are using and the exact physical configuration of the controller network, that would help a lot.

Because you describe two PLCs on the network, it's probably a Data Highway 485 (DH485) protocol network.

The best way to connect to such a network is the modern USB/DH485 interface, the 1747-UIC. Are you using one ?

What I think you are seeing is a mis-configuration of an RSLinx serial driver for a DH485 network. All of those icons are for the same controller name, and there are 31 of them (DH485 supports 31 nodes), which suggests that the driver is stuck is some kind of loopback or duplicate address mode.

I looked at the screen shot their are 32 devices / nodes shown
the PC is shown at node 0 I am wandering if some how the PLC is also assigned to node 0 and RSLinx is trying to reassign the PLC address automatically but can't due to it's fixed address.
try this assign the PC node address to 30 then delete the Harmony files and restart RSLinx
I never use 0, 31 or 32 as a node for the PC, new devices are usually assigned node 0 or 32 by default, if there is a duplicate node the network fails. that may be what you are seeing.