AF-300 woes

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I'm helping out the maintenance guys with a panel that got water in it and pretty much blew up.

The current problem is with 4 AF-300 P11 drives that are showing a "ER5" (Error 5), which is a problem with an option board. The option board that they have are Horner HE300GEN150 Genius I/O option boards.

I think that only 2 of the 4 drives have been replaced, but all 4 are showing the ER5 fault.

Also the drives are also not allowing us to transfer their settings using the keypad. We keep getting a memory error.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I wish I could offer more than "I feel your pain". A few years ago a customer of mine had to abandon the Horner Genius card on AF300 drives. We could not keep more than one out of four working at any given time. Communications worked fine with only one drive on the Genius bus, but we could not add any more. Horner tech support was not much help. once we went through their checklist of potential remedies, they had nothing left to offer and nobody else they could call on for additional help. I sensed the attitude that they didn't want to have to support the product any more.
About the only suggestion I can offer would be to reset the drive parameters to factory default and then set the parameters you need to support the module. I have had to do the factory reset on a few Fuji drives following a major upset.

Thanks!

I've never been impressed with Horner myself.

It turned out that along with everything else going on, that the PLC had lost its memory (no surprise there since we had to replace the power supply to it). Reloading the PLC and restarting it fixed 3 out of 4 of the Horners. Since the one that didn't come up is the backup drive, the plant decided to just run it as is for the time being.

The final (?) total came out to be:

2 400 amp fuses
3 Sola 24 VDC power supplies (one of which ejected the contents of its filter cap, leaving behind a one-of-a-kind pencil cup)
a 90-30 power supply
2 20hp VFDs
1 Horner Genius card
and a 3KVA control transformer.

Just another day at the office.