How can I find more work? Thoughts.

Edmhydraulics

So I Designed, Welded, Tubed, Painted, Wired and Programmed this unit myself, how can I find more work for my business.

About the only thing I didn't do on this unit was router the top panel, but I did do the AutoCAD drawing and sent it to the shop to router.

It's a 10,000 psi test panel with integrated 3000 psi HPU.

I'm fully insured for liability, WCB, and I have a nice shop to work out of.

Any help that you self employed folks can give me to help finding some new jobs would be appreciated. What have you done in the past to get jobs. Basically I'm considering standing on the street corner with a cardboard sign at this point.

Any ideas are appreciated.

image.jpg

we just started 9 months ago and have had our best luck just knocking on doors and word of mouth. In oil and gas, I think that is the only way to do it though.

Thanks Diat150, that sounds a whole lot better than me on a street corner with a sign that says,

"will program for food".

Cheers, thanks

See if you can find a niche, here ... its chickens and peaches (for local work), once you get your door into one of them the others want you to do work for them, see if you can find that specialty niche market then you will have more work than you can handle, like diat150 said, knock on the doors... if you knock on enough of them one will open, then your in...

Also nice job on the cabinet

diat150,
How are things going in Oil and Gas down in your area? Up North It was going like gangbusters but has recently all but dried up. I pray for some higher prices for Oil soon. Not $100 per BBL but maybe $65???

make a portfolio of the unit, with a youtube etc, make the same of your workshop, and office.

Send it out the internet. like on linkedin etc.
or even here.

Thanks Shooter, I use LinkedIn heavily and have had good success in the past there. Never thought about YouTube but that's another good idea, thanks.