Redlion Crimson 3.0 cycle through pages?

Hello there,

I'm pretty new to all this... so forgive me if this sounds too stupid of a question.

Right now I have 4 display pages, and I want them to be cycled through every xx seconds or minutes depending on what I want.

So the first page that loads would be page_1, then after a certain amount of time(for example, 3minutes), it would load and show page_2, then after another 3minutes, it would go to page_3, and just keep doing that over and over again.

I looked around but I can't seem to find something like that. any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's one solution. Assumes you have four pages, named Page0 through Page3. Create two numeric data tags, CycleTimer and PageIndex. Create program CyclePages and trigger it using the global "On Tick" action, which will cause it to execute once per second.

Code to paste into CyclePages program:
Code:
CycleTimer++;

if (CycleTimer > 300){
    switch (PageIndex){
        case 0: GotoPage(Page1); break;
        case 1: GotoPage(Page2); break;
        case 2: GotoPage(Page3); break;
        case 3: GotoPage(Page0); break;
        }
    PageIndex++;
    if (PageIndex > 3) PageIndex := 0;
    CycleTimer := 0;
}
CycleTimer keeps track of how much time has elapsed, in seconds. PageIndex is the current page shown. At each execution the timer will increment and run further code if the trigger is exceeded (300sec/5min in this example). The switch statement runs the proper GotoPage command, then increments PageIndex. PageIndex goes back to zero if the configured number of pages is exceeded. The timer is then reset.

You may also be able to do this by using the Timeout(inactivity) function of the page properties, and have On Timeout set to GotoPage(x).
Using the programs as suggested above is a better way, especially for documentation.

Another vote for having the PLC cycle through the pages. Also beware that auto page cycling can confuse operators if they need to enter data ;)