Siemens ET200s addressing

DairyBoy

I'm configuring a profinet network in TIA portal v13, comprising the following components:

• S71500/ET200MP processor
  • TP1200 HMI
  • 2 x IM 155-6 PN HF interfaces for ET200s remote i/o
  • 3 x CU240E-2 PN VSD controllers
The digital and analogue i/o start at 0.0 and auto-incremented as I added each module to the ET200s configuration. No problem there.

Knowing that there would be i/o expansion in the future, I manually set the CU240 addresses (setpoint & actual) at I111/Q111, I121/Q121, I131/Q131. I did this by selecting each drive in network view and entering the two addresses via the cyclic data exchange tab.

Before I had completed the design, the first extra addresses came along. These went in ok until I'd added a couple of input modules then the auto-increment jumped from I19 to I86. I re-checked the drive addresses but I figure that there must be others in the CU240 config; indeed, there must be loads but I can't see them. If I try to manually re-address the digital input at I86 to anything lower, it gives an "already used" error.

So, the question is (I think) where do I access the apparently hidden CU240 addresses to allow me to shunt them out of the way of the remote i/o? Or do I have to delete the drives, add the i/o and re-allocate the drives after?

Thanks.

(Note: if you're using an IM155-6, it would be ET200sp, not s. shouldn't affect the rest of the comment).

I doubt there are "hidden" addresses. Under the HW Properties of your PLC, near the bottom of the list there should be a page for Overview of Addresses. You should be able to easily see what uses what, and where gaps are.

Does it matter if the module addressing jumps from 19 to 86? As long as your tag lines up to your address, which lines up to the correct IO module, it shouldn't matter what the actual addresses are. However, if you are trying to keep things organized for your drawings or standards, then that often makes sense.

Thanks mk42. Under "program info" I found all the allocated addresses and hovering over them shows the unit type for each. It was the analogues, not the drives; I expected them to auto-start at 200 or 201 maybe (at least that's what I was told they would) but they started at 20, going on to 85. Should have paid more attention when adding them. All straightened out now. And yes, I'm trying to keep things "aligned" across the design as much as I can as I'm new to Siemens. I'm sure this is only the tip of an interesting iceberg. Thanks again.

in an S7300, they would have started at 256, because it only read part of the IO every scan (due to historical memory limits), and the rest was read only on command (process image vs peripheral IO).

In the 1500, the process image is limited only by the total IO memory, which simplifies the IO addressing and handling.