Wonderware System Platform - Object based

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has any application made in System Platform that is object based..

I cant get the idea of it.. What i use to do is create the application in systemplatform, but tag based. I mean I create a galaxy and then open the intouch maker within the IDE, create the app in the intouch maker with the tag inside intouch maker, with archestra graphics sometimes, and then deploy the app to the computers.

But I never use objects and deploy objects. I only deploy the viewengine and the app.

If anyone has a galaxy that is obect based and would like to share it would be great !

Thanks!

Hi joaco1993,

If you register/login to the Schneider Electric Global Support website (http://softwaresupport.schneider-electric.com), navigate to Product Hub, unselect all products and reselect Situational Awareness. The 2nd item that comes up will be the "SA Water Demo 2014 R2". That is a fully developed Water industry demo focused around Situational Awareness graphics within a System Platform environment. There is a Read Me file as well that explains how to import the demo files into a new project/galaxy. You will need to have Wonderware System Platform 2014 R2 installed.

That should give you a functioning example of how an object based System Platform galaxy is organized, though it is a demo.

System Platform object design is a lot different than traditional InTouch tag design. For traditional InTouch design, typically you're creating the graphics first and then assigning tags/data. For System Platform, it's the reverse, you're designing how the entire application will operate/function with all of it's individual equipment, components and relationships before you get to how the HMI will look.

It takes a different mindset from the traditional approach, but offers much more capability in what you can do. Though it is important to note that there is still a place for traditional InTouch/tag design - really all depends on the project/customer situation.

I recommend reaching out to Wonderware North (http://wonderwarenorth.com), since you are located in New York. They are offering a couple System Platform classes over the next few months that you might want to take advantage of. They might also be able to offer guidance or educational tips.

There is also online/recorded content available from the Schneider Electric training catalog - http://industrialtraining.schneider-electric.com/wonderware/portal/catalog.cfm?calendarID=3. If you have a Wonderware Customer FIRST agreement, most of the online materials are free.

Regards,

Jeremy

Hi joaco1993,

Unfortunately since Wonderware System Platform 2014 R2 was released at the end of 2014, the relevant demos available online have been upgraded since then to showcase/take advantage of the latest features.

I would still recommend reaching out to Wonderware North. Their System Consultants should have a previous version System Platform demo stored somewhere, or can provide you with an equivalent demo application. If you would like to private message me your contact information I can facilitate communication with Wonderware North on your behalf.

Being in New York, you're a bit outside my sales team's area so I have to defer to Wonderware North's team. I'm sorry I can't help you more with this.

Regards,

Jeremy

Hi,

In my Galaxy system platform 2020, all the template and their instance are not opening to tag Attributes i.e while opening Template & Instance it shows popup as " Please wait while the object finishes loading".