Latest Allen Bradley PLC

chandrapaul

hi,
i need our kind help. please tell me what is the Latest Allen Bradley PLC model and which software have to use to program that PLC?

thanks

ControlLogix and CompactLogix (including the newest 5080 and 5069 family controllers) use Studio 5000 software, which is different from RSLogix 500 and the SLC-500/MicroLogix family.

While the ControlLogix operating system and controller family has been on the market since 1998, you asked what the "latest" Allen-Bradley controllers are. The new CompactLogix 5069 series are the most recently introduced controller and I/O platform.

If you are unfamiliar with ControlLogix and CompactLogix, you can learn the basics on any member of that family, with RSLogix 5000 (prior to v21) and Studio 5000 (v21 and later) software.

Studio 5000, even in its smaller CompactLogix-only editions, is a relatively expensive software toolset.

thanks for your reply. i am new in this field. so my question may seem childish to you.

so using RSLogix 5000 software i can program ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs upto v21 model & using Studio 5000 software i can program above v21 PLCs?

ControlLogix and CompactLogix (including the newest 5080 and 5069 family controllers) use Studio 5000 software, which is different from RSLogix 500 and the SLC-500/MicroLogix family.

While the ControlLogix operating system and controller family has been on the market since 1998, you asked what the "latest" Allen-Bradley controllers are. The new CompactLogix 5069 series are the most recently introduced controller and I/O platform.

If you are unfamiliar with ControlLogix and CompactLogix, you can learn the basics on any member of that family, with RSLogix 5000 (prior to v21) and Studio 5000 (v21 and later) software.

Studio 5000, even in its smaller CompactLogix-only editions, is a relatively expensive software toolset.