FactoryTalk View Alarm Trigger and PLC/5

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I am still struggling to solve a alarm issue for a customer , that had a
Panelview to a Panelview Plus conversion. The PLC is still a PLC/5. I was able to find the archive of the original Panelview . I am comparing the Alarm Setups , and the trigger for the original application is {B08 00/00-21/15,L22}

Does this make any sense to any of you ? I cannot find B08 anywhere within the PLC/5 program. {B08 00/00-21/15,L22} is used for every trigger for all the messages.

Now it looks like , after the conversion , the alarm setup was changed.
Now there are Alarm Triggers.... {Alarm 1}, {Alarm 2} ,etc. thru {Alarm 22}.
On the message tab , the Alarm Triggers are {Alarm 1} and the Trigger value
is 1 thru 16 , {Alarm 2} and the Trigger value is 1 thru 16 , etc. to {Alarm 22}
and the Trigger value is 1 thru 16 .

Could you kindly shed some light on just a portion of this post if you have any ideas.

Thanks so much,

Is this a RIO network application ?

I think that B08 means "Block Transfer 8".

The ",L22" suffix means that the Alarm Trigger block is Length = 22 words.

The nomenclature "00/00 - 21/15" calls out a block of 22 words, from bit 00 to bit 15.

It's easy to also get offset by 1 when dealing with these Alarm triggers, since from the Alarm subsystem's perspective, Bit 00 is Alarm 1. That's why the Bit numbers are 00-15 and the Alarm numbers are 1 - 16.

Thanks Mr. Roach,

Yes it is. What does RIO stand for ? When the Panelview Plus was installed
a AN-X2-AB/Ethernet module was added , a AN-X2-AB-DHRIO. The new alarm
scheme looks more striaght forward with Alarm 1 , Alarm 2 , etc.

The previous alarm trigger was set for "Bit" , after the conversion for the Panelview Plus it is set to "Value". The customer is getting alarm numbers that do not match the true alarm , and really are not in the application. I am hoping that it just needs to changed back to bit.

Thanks Sir,