Omron OPC driver for Cimplicity

Ianc

Has anyone any experience of using OPC to talk ethernet to Omron PLC's from GE Cimplicity software? I would prefer not to go the FINS gateway route if you have any other suggestions.

I'm try to use "CX-Server OPC" v1.0 with Intellution iFix 3.0. It really work but have some troubles (stop working with high PC CPU loading, disabling i/o points data exchange, strange timestamp values and etc.) These errors are coming up because "CX-Server OPC" of discrepancy to OPC foundation standards.

Hello Bodis,
If you're using v1.0 of CX-Server OPC, then yes, you probably will have some problems. (Isn't this the case with any software marked version 1.0 ???).
I can categorically state that v1.21 is completely OPC compliant (to standard D.A. ver 2).
I suggest you contact your local rep for an upgrade - this should help with any problems you may be having.

My local OMRON representative didn't recommend use "CX-Server OPC" to us in general. As replacement hi has offered using SCADA "CX-Supervisor"

Thanks for the help, after some further digging it would appear if i buy the Cimplicity Pro version i will get the GE drivers for Omron bundled with it . Hopefully if there are any issues there will only be GE to deal with then.
If any one is screaming "no don't do it" please let me know!