Allen bradley logix controller 5550

kamran dhedhi

Hello all,
I have an Allen Bradley logix controller 5550 in a machine. The PLC program is not in there and i have to install (flush) the PLC program. It is an old machine and Allen Bradley firmware 7.2 is required to flush the PLC program as the program is not opening on version 16 firmware. How can i get that firmware 7.2 as it is quite an old one.

We had another user (also in Pakistan) asking for v7 of RSLogix 5000 a couple of weeks ago.

He did not readily accept the correct answers he was given, which involved either upgrading the controller or actually contacting Rockwell Automation himself.

"Flushing" a PLC program suggests that you are discarding or deleting it. You could do that simply by removing the battery.

I would suggest that you actually want to "install" or "download" a new program, which does require RSLogix 5000 that matches the version of firmware loaded into the controller.

The 1756-L1 controllers were upgradeable through Version 13, if that is easier for you to get.

Dear Ken,
Sorry for wrong choice of word, i need to install the PLC program as previous got deleted when battery was drained and machine was or of order for long time.
I have the PLC program to be installed on this logic controller (pic attached) but not the firmware 7.2. The question is if i change the logic controller compatible with new firmware would my PLC program work on new logic controller?

CAM00045.jpg