FactoryTalk View question

yehua

Hello,

I am new for the FactoryTalk View software and have some questions about it. I have an application using Rockwell PVPlus1000. There are four stations and each station has a PVPlus1000. The graphics and tags structure are identical except using ST01, ST02, ST03, ST04 for each station reference, eg., XXX_ST01_XXX for a station #1 tag.

I want to develop one Factorytalk project to use for the four stations. My idea is using a displaylist selector or GoTodisplay button in the initial screen, if select 01 then all the tags in this project will link to station01, if select to other station then the entire tags will link to the relevant station. I tried the parameter file and Macro but not succeed.

Can anyone give a tip to implement that function?

thanks,

Check your setting for "Always Open" or "Always on Top" or something similar in the display properties. I ran into this a while back and got some help on the forums for it. Each screen acts as a window within the PV+ environment. You need to make sure they close when you move to another screen to help performance and memory. This will also give you problems when switching screens sometimes.

Hi Sparkie,

Most of windows display type are Replace, some popup windows setting are On Top.

I have to clarify my question. The project is generic for four stations. what I want is when the operator enters or selects station #1, all tags and information will link to station #1. Similarly, if they select station 3, the tags and information will connect station 3. In this way, I only need one factorytalk view project for these 4 stations instead of making 4 Factorytalk view projects for each station.

I tried the parameter file and Macro but not succeed.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to approach this in PVPlus1000.

yehua,

What you'll probably want to do is make a Global Object based screen and from a push button, that indicates which area the operator wishes to view, you will pass in a parameter (via parameter file or parameter list) that will allow the screen to display the proper area.

For instance, all areas have a screen that displays 4 PITs that are tagged PIT_ST01_001/2/3/4, PIT_ST02_001/2/3/4 through etc. What you can do on your Global object screen is have a numeric display that is tagged as PIT_#1_001/2/3/&4 for each PIT. Then you will link (either by parameter file or parameter list) the #1 to ST01, ST02 etc. By doing so FTView will know to substitute #1 = ST01, ST02 or etc.

Let me know if you need greater clarification and I'll see what I can throw together, before lunch is over.

-Nathan

yehua,

What you'll probably want to do is make a Global Object based screen and from a push button, that indicates which area the operator wishes to view, you will pass in a parameter (via parameter file or parameter list) that will allow the screen to display the proper area.

For instance, all areas have a screen that displays 4 PITs that are tagged PIT_ST01_001/2/3/4, PIT_ST02_001/2/3/4 through etc. What you can do on your Global object screen is have a numeric display that is tagged as PIT_#1_001/2/3/&4 for each PIT. Then you will link (either by parameter file or parameter list) the #1 to ST01, ST02 etc. By doing so FTView will know to substitute #1 = ST01, ST02 or etc.

Let me know if you need greater clarification and I'll see what I can throw together, before lunch is over.

-Nathan

Thanks Nathan. I will give it a try.

yehua,

-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I need a further clarification.

I did some test but still doesn't work.

I made 4 GoTo button in the startup screen (first level screen) to select which station will be presenting. Each button will execute a parameter file which is #1 = ST01 for station 1, #1 = ST02 for station 2, and so on.

In the second level screen which is station overview page, there are several GoTo buttons to the detailed pages. However in these GoTo button, how can I pass the parameter using parameter list or file?

Thanks,

Is there a reason not to make a set of screens for each station? I have found on small projects that it is just as easy/quick to make one set of screens, copy/paste and then find/replace "ST02" with "ST03". Future modifications I make to only the "master" set of screens, delete other screens, copy/paste, find/replace.

I have not used the Global Objects Library in FTV but if it works anything like Wonderwares Global Template/Objects I would really love to see some sample code from someone. Huge time saver.

yehua,

Take a look at the PDF file, Document1.pdf, that I attached. I hope this helps.

-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your explanation. I did that test but it doesn't fit our requirement.

In your case, when the operator select station 2 or 3,4, how does FTView change the global object parameter automatically? The four transmitters are identical in all 4 stations. It means station 01 has 4 transmitters and station 02 has the same model transmitter but different tags name, and so on.

I attach my case in this thread to explain what we want.

Thanks,

Is there a reason not to make a set of screens for each station? I have found on small projects that it is just as easy/quick to make one set of screens, copy/paste and then find/replace "ST02" with "ST03". Future modifications I make to only the "master" set of screens, delete other screens, copy/paste, find/replace.

I have not used the Global Objects Library in FTV but if it works anything like Wonderwares Global Template/Objects I would really love to see some sample code from someone. Huge time saver.

I agree. I like the simple way to substitute the tags and make four copies for each station. To avoid to download the program to the wrong station, we want to make a generic program and change the tag topic in the HMI.

yehua,

Move "LS3" from the parameter file line down to the parameter list line. See if things will start working for you after you make the change.

-Nathan

yehua,

One thing that I forgot to mention, the tag structure should look like this: {[Topic]Tag_name_#1}. Make sure that you have the "{" and "}" in the name of the tag.

-Nathan

yehua,

One thing that I forgot to mention, the tag structure should look like this: {[Topic]Tag_name_#1}. Make sure that you have the "{" and "}" in the name of the tag.

-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your help. I got it working. So far it looks well. I will finish other function and test it again.

Thanks again.