Analog signal is driving me crazy.

hi there, long time reader, first time posting.

I have a Micrologix 1200 and when I added a RTC to the PLC it started smoking a bit. I pulled the clock and tested all my outputs. My discrete signals and AI card are fine. My AO card is causing problems. The software detects the AO card and everything looks as it should in the ladder logic, but the card is not sending out an actual 4-20mA sig or a 0-10VDC sig (using my multimeter). I replaced the card thinking it was damaged, but the same problem exists with the new one. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any tips?

I was using a 1762 OF4 as part of a PID instruction (that was working fine), then after the Real Time Clock incident I bought a 1762 IF2OF2. I programed all the AO outputs (old card and new) to an integer value (between 0-32760) and cannot get a current reading on either card.

Even just a "little smoke" is really hard to stuff back in there.

If you are sure you are testing properly and configured right, there is probably some hardware damage involved.

Yes the I added the RTC when the power was on. Rockwelll data sheet informed me that I can add, pull and replace RTC's without any damage to the PLC. This obviously didn't happen with me. My analogs were working smoothly and my PID instruction was doing exactly what is was suppose to.

I think I'll have to buy a new ML1200. I'm a little ticked about the situation as I'm typically a careful person, and now I have a half operating PLC that I don't know what to do with.