Self monitoring Emergency stop drawing

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I can't figure out a way to show these self monitoring Emergency stop contact blocks on a drawing that looks good and makes it easy to under stand.
I am using 2 contact blocks on each Emergency stop push button. I am sure there is a nice clean way to make these things look correct but, I am just missing it. Do you guys have any ideas?

E-STOP.PNG

Here's a screenshot of my pretty-much-standard E-stop button symbol. My E-stop circuits are almost always single circuit, with a self-monitoring contact. If I need to, I also added a separate N.C. contact block to the schematic in this picture; I use it for reporting individual button status back to the PLC if the machine has multiple E-stop buttons.

-rpoet

estop.jpg

Jeff,
Am I correct in reading your drawing that the same signal is going through the 2 contacts?
whilst it will work fine, it does not follow the pattern of dual channel.

Osmanjdt example is correct implementation of dual contact/channel .

I was just showing an example of 2 contacts in a series. You are correct it is NOT a dual channel system. If I series multiple Emergency stops on a single channel it would effectively look the same without the dotted line going from the fist block to the second.