Can I export/import screens between projects using factorytalk view studio?

plc_student77

Hi, first time poster. I am a new graduate working in the automation and controls industry for an OEM. I am working on making a new HMI interface for a project using a panelview and factorytalk view studio. I can reuse some screens from an old project that are relevant for this project, but I don't know how to "copy and paste" essentially a screen from one project to another.

I know I would have to redo the connections and the like, but the layout and content of the screen is all I really want. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Right-click on the Display editor and select Add Component. Browse to the folder containing the old project graphic displays. You can select multiple displays at once. This will create new copies in your new project folder. So any edits to the new display will not affect the original.

OG

Even easier, if you can open both projects at the the same time on the same machine, you can drag/drop screens between them.

edit: I may have not been paying close enough attention, drag/drop would work for displays that did not exist in the new project.

Last edited: