A-B Micrologix BSL or BSR program example

burnerboy

B
Help Please,

I need to track bad parts during assembly form one station to the next, I have to track through 16 stations and then eject either bad or good.
Does anyone have any examples or suggestions?
Thanks for your time, Bruce

I just went through this samething. Search the forum for part tracking or bit shift.

Bob

Just a thought,
Why not use a few words for traking parts. You have 16 stations there are 16 bits in a word, so if one of the stations creates a bad part, set the bit for that station. When the part moves to the next station if the word is not 0 dont work on the part, send it down the line untill you get to the reject station. The triky part is sending the "Part Traking words" down the line with the part. The nice thing is now you can time stamp parts, and you even find out which stations are making bad parts the most and such.

I have done this for traking bails of rubber, In the "Bail data" I had Bail temp, wheight, dencity, and time. Every station was a "zone". At the end of the line when the bails were palitized there was now a print out for the crate with all the data on every bail. Its a lot of code, but management likes it because they now have usable data for prodution runs and station effiencies and such.

Last edited: