Access speed Step 7 project from server

toont

Hi all,

We're having performance issues with opening larger Step 7 projects from a shared folder on a fileserver. Access speed to the server is otherwise good. I noticed that the Step 7 project speed of saving, opening FB's etc. is fast when it was restored from archive, but it quickly became slower. A "save as" with reorganisation doesn't work. Saving an FB now takes op to 2 minutes. Is there any way to make access to the project faster? Opening it locally is not an option. Copying files to the same server happens at 50 mb/s.

I have tried this before, its not very well supported by Siemens.

My solution is to use Unison, and keep a synchronised local copy. Not helpful, but its probably nothing to do with your shared folder.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into it! I noticed that large Step 7 projects with a lot of instance DB's are slower than large projects with mostly normal DB's.