Rslinx Start As Windows Service

Elias

Hi, i'm Elias Castañeda from Mexico.

I have a problem, I configure RSLinx to start as windows service on Windows NT service pack 6 and set mode to Automatic. Also I configured a NetDDE Service as Automatic.

I develop a Visual Basic Application that try to get some values over the network via NetDDE Protocol, It's work fine while the user is currently logged in, but when the user is not logged in and the CTRL ALT SUPR Screen is activated, the application fails with the following error: Timeout while waiting for DDE response

This machine are in a lock room outside the city and is so dificult that each time when the electrical supply have interruptions we must go to login into windows.

What can i do?

The PC can be set up to do a "Auto Login". Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
and set AutoAdminLogon to 1 and it will automatically log in upon restart

Hope this helps

Or get Powertoys for Windows which will allow you to tweak registry settings thru a GUI

Try this tweak program I use it on my Win 2000 Laptop and have never had a problem with it. It provides a Domain Login under "Network Settings"

For anyone that needs it, the utilities are fine, but sometimes aren't around.

To manually set up auto-logon to Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003 and above, fire up REGEDIT.EXE from the start menu RUN box, and navigate to the following registry branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon

Once you are there, create or edit (as needed) the following STRING keys:

DefaultUserName (Accountname to logon)
DefaultPassword (Password for the above account)
DefaultDomainName (Actual domain name to logon to if in domain, Computer name if not)
AutoAdminLogon (Set to a '1' to enable AutoLogon, 0 to disable)