SIMATIC HMI (and AB PanelView Plus) connect to the PC?

wendaiyu

Hi, guys, how’s going?
We have one SIMOTION D435 machine. D435, PLC and HMI are connected via Ethernet cable:
D435 X150 (IP:192.168.214。。。)
PLC X1 (192.168.214。。。)
HMI IPC477C P1 (192.168.214。。。)

After setting up IP address on the PC (192.168.214。。。), even we connect the PC to anyone of them via Ethernet cable, we can monitor, download, RUNTIME…all of them.

Now we have one proposal, because Ethernet port P2 on HMI is not used. We want to configure IP on it (e.g. 10.10…) and connect it to our industrial network.

Our PC can connect to industrial network by WIFI. So I am confused right now, if we disconnect the cable between the PC and them, then
1, we still can transfer program/configuration to HMI from the PC via WIFI by using WinCC Flexible, as long as we put HMI P2 IP address (10.10…) on “Computer name or IP address”, right?
2, Can we still run “RUNTIME” in WinCC Flexible on the PC? Because the pc connects to HMI though P2 (10.10…), but HMI connects to D435 by P1 (192.168…). However P2 and P1 are both on the HMI. So confused!

We have AB devices as well. They are easier to understand:
A, set up the connection between PC and PLC;
B, set up the connection between PanelView Plus/HMI and PLC;

3, so when we are running “RUNTIME” on SIMATIC WinCC Flexible, how does the pc point to the controller/PLC? We only set up the communication between HMI and controller/PLC on WinCC Flexible.

Thanks a lot.