Factory talk view Alarm XML file import from Excel

pr978

Hi

I have exported Alarm from factory talk view ME as XML; I have imported those alarm in excel but now when I try to export it back to xml; it is causing me problem.

It gives me error message that denormalised data and A mapped elements relationship with other elements cannot be preserved.

Is any of you have come across this problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

There are some tricks to using Excel for XML editing.

1) Open the exported XML (from FTView) in a text editor, as well as the exported XML from Excel. Notice the XML headers at the top and make sure they match the one from the FTView export.

2) When you export from Excel you need to export all of the xml nodes. You'll have to compare the two xml files in a text editor to see what is missing or not.

3) Excel cannot export everything you need in the XML file. Just copy what you need from the Excel export and paste that into the XML file from the FTView export. You need to stitch together a complete alarm XML file using copy/paste.

Maybe you can find a better XML file editor to make all that easier, but I found working around the quirks of Excel to be easier.