Log on to FactoryTalk Network with Wyse Client

Willheisen

Hello everyone!

On a PC for a customer I installed FactoryTalk View SE and RSLogix5000.
Both work well, and so the communication with the PLC.
The problem is I add a Dell Wyse ThinClient in order to have the PC in the electrical cabinet of the customer's factory and the scrren, keyboard, etc... near to a machine.
The Remote desktop with it works very well, but when I tried to open RSLogix5000, I have a dialog box called "Log on to FactoryTalk Network" which asks me to enter Windows administrator credentials.If I enter the Windows administrator credentials of the PC, I have a message saying that the account is unknown for the computer "WT008064E47210". I realized that is the Wyse's name.
What I believe is FactoryTalk sees the Wyse as a PC and ask the credentials of the Wyse administrator account.But I don't know this credentials.
Does anyone have a idea to solve this?

See technote 468494

Basically, v20 of RSLogix5000 enables Factory Talk security, part of that is securing remote sessions. Factory Talk is trying to validate the terminal you are working from. If it isn't configured in Factory Talk, you won't get access.

Typically I disable the feature when I know it's for development use, the technote describes this.

Thanks a lot Paully's5.0 !!!
This solved the problem.

I hope It would solve my other problem (same kind of problem of security) (see thread n° 103321), but no.

So I think we can close this topic.