RSL5000 ATI instruction?

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I went through my instruction lists for the RSL5000 and cannot find an Always True Input, like I have in RSL500. Was it done away with or am I just not seeing it in the options? I am trying to override an output that is written to from an HMI pushbutton, without affecting the other I/O in that circuit. It just seemed the quickest most effective way to do it. Thank you,

Last edited:
No such thing as a ATI instruction in Logix 5000. Just use a non-conditional branch. Or create your own ATI.

No such thing as a ATI instruction in Logix 5000. Just use a non-conditional branch. Or create your own ATI.

Depending on your settings, a "naked" branch will generate a warning upon verification. To get around this, place an NOP instruction in the branch.

I prefer to not use naked branches because they are a challenge to find in the logic. NOP can be found via search. Created ATI tags can be found via a search or cross reference. (y)