Tesys T with Ethernet to Modicon M340

cddavis85

Hi,

I am having issues finding how to communicate between a Tesys T LTMR27EFM and a Modicon M340.

I have set up all of the ethernet settings on the M340, and have used SoMove to configure the overload.

It looked like there was a DFB that Schneider put out to do this, but I could not find a download for it.

I need to get information from the inputs of the overload to the M340 and tell the overload when to turn on one of its outputs to start the motor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Here is a link to the manual for the unit.
Normally you program the IP address for input and output in the communications table.
Look up the registers for the things you want to read and write to.
The table will have the %MW address for the PLC and the corresponding addresses in the TsysT.
I am out of the office for a few days so I can't get to my files.
The addresses in the TsysT should be in the manual.
Look up in Unity how the ethernet I/O is set up to communicate with the field.
For example
192.168.1.20 input address %MW 200 10 words. Offset XX (to put you at the start of the range you want. ) output address %MW 210 10 words (offset XXXX to put you at the stat of where you want to write.
Sorry this is confusing, but I can't get you a screen shot right now.

Look here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Y3Ei_P2fA

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, I can treat this as communication between two M340s?
And just read/write to %MW addresses in the TesysT?
That would be ideal, the video that you linked looks like they are adding a NOC card and doing IO scanning, I'd rather not add more hardware.

I have done communication between M340s in Unity, so that part is not a problem.

Thanks,
Chris

Just the front port.

I know that I have communicated between M340s with just the front port before, and was assuming I could do the same thing with the overloads.

You will be able to using read_var and write_var blocks. It is just a lot simpler with io-scanning.