Default IP Address for 22-COMM-E AB Drive Network Card

Does anyone know the default IP Address for a new 22-COMM-E Allan Bradley PowerFlex Network card?

It was not listed on any of the literature or paper work that came with the card.

Allen-Bradley Ethernet devices don't use a "default" or "fallback" address.

Out of the box, they're set for DHCP or BOOTP so they can get an IP address from a server utility. That feature is generally then disabled and the devices are set for a static IP address.

Many devices store the IP address in their onboard nonvolatile memory; the 20-COMM-E and 22-COMM-E and 1756-ENxT and 1734-AENT modules are good examples.

Some devices store the IP address in the user program configuration itself; the old SLC-500 and PLC-5E and MicroLogix 1100/1400 are examples.

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to use Rockwell Automation BOOTP server to set the static IP address on a replacement drive and 22-COMM-E card. The problem is when I launch BOOTP there is nothing there. I assumed my PC had to be on the same subnet/ip address range as the com card.

Do I need to cycle power to the drive to see it in BOOTP server?