fault indicator

Hello everyone,

I need help to write a program that will show a fault using an led indicator.
Using an input as a trigger, it will turn on or latch an output indicator (green) if if it doesn't it will turn on or latch in indicator (red). Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

In general, people here are very willing to go out of their way to help people with what they are stuck on. That's why a lot of people are here, to help. Out of respect for the people that are willing to help you, you should put in a little effort yourself. Show us what you have tried and what exactly you are stuck on with this exercise and I have no doubt people will help you with it. If you can't show that you've made any attempt then I'm afraid that people will put in the same effort that you have, nothing...

So what specifically do you need help with? You should also mention the hardware that you are working with.

edit: I guess for some other advice, draw yourself a schematic. Write a sequence of events. Make a list of the inputs and outputs you will be working with. These activities will help you think through the task at hand.

Last edited:
Start by getting use to logic instruction
'A' = input
'B' = output GREEN
'C' = output RED

if 'A' is 'ON' then
Output 'B' is 'ON' (green Indicator)

if 'A' is 'OFF' then
Output 'C' is 'ON' (red Indicator)

you have mentioned more but your detail regarding latching is incomplete

search this Forum for Flip Flop or Toggle to help further
I Know 'dmroeder' has, like me, made many posts on this before