Migrations PLC-5 to rslogix 5000

salaspelayo

Hi.

First, i am newbie in general and speacially in Rslogix. I have to migrate a PLC5 Project to Rslogix 5000.
I have remote I/O to migrate with digital and analog cards, Could someone point me in the right way to do it?

Thank you

Google "plc5 conversion to logix 5000". I am in the process of converting slc project now. There is a translate tool in logix 5000 to convert the program. I am still using the slc i/o cards with a 1747-aentr. I dont know how your remote i/o is set up, but mine is using a 1747 sdn card that is talking to 4 robots and another slc processor. The sdn card is not compatible with logix 5000, so I have to upgrade the robots for ethernet/ip and talk to the slc processor with messaging.

Yes, i did the migration and i solve some errors, but i arrived to the where i don't understand how to map this I/O remote.

I imagine that i have to indicate to the controller which i/o connections correspond with my tags. I just have the old program, i am trying to found this information.

I assume you mean the SLC was 1747-ASB (Remote I/O Adaptor Module), I am not familar with a 1747-RIO card. I assume you are intending to say the 1747 is using RIO?

You will need to have a 1756-DHRIO or 1756-RIO card to maintain the usage of the RIO adaptor on the SLC chassis. If you have analog IO on the rack, the PLC5 used BTR/BTW (Block Transfer Read/Write) instructions to send data to/from the analog cards. Logix does not use these native instructions, you need to convert these to MSG instructions and configure them maually.

I would recommend ditching the 1747-ASB for a 1747-AENTR to put it on Ethernet which would things much easier, however there are limitations to the 1747-AENTR so read the manual. Also ensure you can actually run Ethernet. If you are stuck with RIO, then you need to read the 1747-ASB manual, the 1756-DHRIO manual, the PLC5-Logix Transition tool manual, and would be helpful to read up on the PLC5 manual to understand BTW/BTR instructions and what is happening.

RIO requires setting dip-switches for addressing, and is crucial to understand.

Not an easy topic, do plenty of reading and comeback with specific questions. s