interference in analog input and output

arunkumar999

we using a 24 core control cable for motor power and digital input & output.now we start the motor ,found fluctuation in analog output (4-20 ma) which is used for another system. digital/analog input and output is mount same rack. when we separate motor power with a 3 core x 2.5 sqmm. found no any fluctuation in analog output .what is the reason,i want to know. 24 core cable detail is core 1,2,3 for motor power,core no-4,5 for motor brake, core -6,7,8 for torch motor,core 9,10 for slow down limit swich,core 11,12 for end limit switch,core 13,14 for home limit.
please clear my problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuUMUvwvML8

Even though your wire is not moving as in the the video, the frequency of the voltage is moving thereby creating a moving magnetic field.
This is even more of a problem with VFD driven motor wiring due to the extremely high magnetic field motion caused by the "carrier frequency".

The solution is to keep your motor wiring well away from your analog signals and shielding the analog signals can help mitigate these unwanted currents.

Last edited: