Who put the E in BAE

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
I apologize for this post.

But it is the fastest way I know to reach our friends across the pond and get an official rendering

I am writing an operation/maintenance manual for a customer.

Can any one advise what the E in BAE stands for

I have tried the website (vague)

Wikipedia explains BAe was British Aerospace but after the merger with Marconi Electronic Systems they changed the e to E

In either case the e (E) is not listed as part of the official name. Or I have seriously overlooked something very obvious.

I am registering my PLC programming as belonging to British Aeronautics E>>>>>>>>>>>> ? What

Does anybody have the clue I am missing.

Please advise at your convenience.

Thank you for indulging this non-PLC related post.

Right now it does not mean anything

in the UK the company is "BAE systems", the BAE are not initials for words any more.

The meaning of the letters is historical, a bit like "KFC"

Steve

I really tried to let it go. Just couldn't, sorry

"British Aeronautical Engineering Systems" PLC. (Public Limited Company)

They tell you this stuff if you call them. Who knew.

Steve

I really tried to let it go. Just couldn't, sorry

"British Aeronautical Engineering Systems" PLC. (Public Limited Company)

They tell you this stuff if you call them. Who knew.

Well you live and learn, I was always told (when I was there as a subcontractor) that we should NEVER use "British Aeronautical Engineering" as it was considered too colonial.